Thursday, June 7, 2007

True Colors Interview: Margaret Cho's Gay Agenda


Margaret Cho may be the most queer-friendly comedian on the planet. Sure, she’s married, but she self-identifies as queer, and has been one of the gay community’s biggest cheerleaders for more than a decade. And yes, she’s got her own bisexual past, which she’s made no shortage of jokes and told stories about. One my favorite of Cho’s old nuggets? “I’m not gay. I’m not a lesbian. I’m just slutty. Where’s my parade?”

Face it: Margaret Cho is basically every color of the rainbow, and she always sticks up for the gays. No big surprise then that the always festive comic/author/ blogger/activist/designer/actor is on the line-up for Cyndi Lauper’s super-gay True Colors tour. Ms. Cho is gonna act as emcee, but she may also do a bit of rocking out on her own... Have you seen her video for “My Puss”? Ready for the live version?

To get prepped for this Friday’s True Colors tour kick-off in Las Vegas, I emailed the Notorious C.H.O. a barrage of questions about the big show. She fired back and the sassy results are as follows:

So why did you choose to sign on for the True Colors tour?
Cyndi asked me! And I am a huge fan and couldn't possibly say no to her...

And obviously, you’re loved by gays and you’re a fan of killer music...
Yes, I love all the people on the bill. In fact, I’ll be sharing a tour bus with the Dresden Dolls!

What else prompted you to participate?
It is a wonderful cause—a huge tour dedicated to ending discrimination of all kinds. I just love that!

People are truly excited about the line-up for this tour? Why do you think that is?
Because it is amazing! All these great people who I would go see separately, but they are all together. It’s like my own personalized Ozzfest!

Thanks to LOGOonline

No comments: